The Donnie Report, May 12 2016

Donnie Sommers is an investigative monkey here at the TK Radio Network. You can find him on Facebook as ‘Donnie Sommers’. Donnie reports on some of the most stupid news stories that can be found in the internet today.

Disclaimer: We collect these ‘Stupid News Stories’ stories from the internet and local news sources and we vet them to the best of our ability, but keep in mind that one or two of them might not actually have occurred.


Police: Fight over goat video on Facebook leads to stabbing in Weymouth

This one comes from The Patriot Ledger out of Quincy, MASS.

Credit for this goes to Tara, who is hopefully in the chat right now. She also gave us the story last week about the shooting in Brockton, Mass. when a kid tried to rob another guy with a BB gun at a meet to buy something.

 Thanks for the great stories, Tara! Donnie Really appreciates the help. He’d send you a banana bouquet, except he always ends up eating the bananas before he can send it off.

By Christian Schiavone
The Patriot Ledger 

Posted May. 9, 2016 at 1:49 pmUpdated at 6:40 AM

Kevin P. Sullivan, 28, of Weymouth, was arrested on May 6, 2016 and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Police say he stabbed a man during a fight that started over an online video of an ornery goat. — Weymouth police booking photo

WEYMOUTH – A fight that started over a video of an ornery goat posted on Facebook left one man stabbed and another in handcuffs, police said.

Officers arrested Kevin P. Sullivan, 28, of 62 Sea St., Weymouth, Friday night at his home and charged him with stabbing a 36-year-old Weymouth man during a fistfight in the street, according to a police report.

Sullivan was arraigned Monday in Quincy District Court on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. He was ordered held on $2,500 cash bail, which he posted, and he’s due back in court on July 22, according to the court clerk’s office.

The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries, police Capt. Richard Fuller said.

Officers responded to multiple 911 calls reporting a fight on Sea Street just after 7 p.m. Friday. When they arrived they found the victim lying on the ground bleeding from wounds to his left side and the back of his right shoulder, the report said.

The victim identified Sullivan as the man who had stabbed him, the report said.

Officers found Sullivan inside his home with blood on his hands, forearms and shirt, the report said.

The victim’s girlfriend told police that Sullivan was angry at them because she had shared a video of a goat named Kevin on Facebook. The video “was about a goat named Kevin who was not nice to other goats in the video,” the report said.

A video posted on YouTube with the same name as the one mentioned in the police report is one of several depicting a goat named Kevin. In the video, the goat head-butts other animals and the man holding the camera, who repeatedly refers to the goat using profanity. The video has 1.6 million views.

The woman told police that Sullivan believed her posting of the video was “a direct insult towards him and meant that he was a bad father,” the report said. Sullivan then left her a threatening voicemail stating that he wanted to fight, she told officers.

The woman told police that she and the victim went to Sullivan’s home thinking they could talk things out but the two men began fighting.

Sullivan told police that he stabbed the other man, who he said was armed with a large wrench, in self-defense, the report said. Sullivan first told police he hadn’t been struck by the wrench but later said he had. He was treated for minor injuries at the scene.

Other witnesses said the victim grabbed the wrench in self-defense, the report said.

Police say they found the knife in the grass behind Sullivan’s home.

Deputies: Deltona man finds bullet hole 3 days after shooting himself

By Patricio G. Balona

Published: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 5:30 a.m.

Last Modified: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 9:36 a.m.

A Deltona man shot himself while cleaning a handgun but did not discover the bullet hole in his arm until three days later when he changed shirts, Volusia County sheriff’s deputies said.

Deputies were called to Florida Hospital Fish Memorial in Orange City on Saturday where Michael Blevins, 37, had checked himself after discovering the bullet wound, investigators said.

Blevins told deputies that on Thursday he was cleaning a .22 caliber pistol in the living room of his Whitewood Drive home, a report stated.

Blevins could not be reached Monday as his voicemail was full.

The Deltona resident told deputies he held the gun against his chest so his dog wouldn’t jump up near it. But as Blevins stood up he felt a sharp pain, causing his back to give out, and he fell face down. Blevins said he heard a loud gunshot and then he hit his face against the edge of a glass coffee table, the report said.

Blevins said he did not feel any pain from the gunshot, possibly because of the medicine he takes for an old back injury, and only felt pain above his left eyebrow that got cut when he hit the table, deputies said.

Blevins said he was wearing a black, long-sleeve shirt and did not notice the injury on his left arm as he went about his normal routine for the next two days.

It was not until the third day on Saturday when Blevins changed into a light brown shirt, which revealed the blood stains, deputies said.

Blevins removed the shirt and noticed an entrance and exit wound on his arm that was barely bleeding at the time because the wound had cauterized, deputies said.

Deputies accompanied Blevins to his home after he was discharged and, after examining the scene, determined Blevins accidentally shot himself, the report concluded.

Wife Battered Husband Over Candy, Flowers

“Wrong” Mother’s Day gifts prompted attack, cops report

MAY 11–Incensed that her husband got her “the wrong flowers and candy” for Mother’s Day, a Florida woman allegedly pummeled her spouse, according to cops who arrested her for domestic battery.

Investigators allege that Virginia Stewart, 42, attacked her spouse during an argument early Sunday in their family’s Holmes Beach residence. Cops arrived at the house in response to a 911 hangup call.

As detailed in a probable cause affidavit, Stewart quarreled with her husband about “the victim getting her the wrong flowers and candy for Mother’s Day.”

After Stewart “did throw cups around the room and break them,” she allegedly attacked her spouse, punching him several times while also striking the man in the head with a coat hanger.

Stewart’s husband suffered “bruising and contusions,” noted cops, who added that the “injuries were highly visible on the left side of his face with contusions all over.”

Seen above, Stewart was arrested for domestic battery and booked into the county jail. She was released from custody Monday after posting $750 bond.

Stewart is scheduled for a June 9 arraignment on the misdemeanor charge. Ajudicial order bars Stewart from having any contact with her husband “until further court order.”

Central Florida man bitten by gator he thought was dead

Man taken to hospital with fractured hand

By Local staff

Posted: 10:35 PM, May 07, 2016Updated: 12:28 PM, May 09, 2016

ORLANDO, Fla. – A 22-year-old man was bitten on the hand by an alligator after mistaking it for dead, the Lake County Fire Department said.

The incident happened Saturday off Apopka Springs Boulevard near the shore of Lake Apopka in Montverde.

Bryan Rohm, 41, was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center for treatment, officials said.

The Lake County Sheriff’s Office said Rohm and his son were on a boat and had a permit to hunt alligators. They shot an alligator twice with a specialized firearm known as a “bang stick” and thought it was dead.

The alligator bit Rohm as he tried to get the alligator in the boat. Officials said Rohm suffered a fractured hand.

The alligator then jumped back into the water.

Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.


Woman rips out huge chunk of hair attempting corn cob challenge

9 MAY 2016 • 9:30AM

A video of a woman from China attempting to eat corn from a rotating power drill – and horribly injuring herself in the process – has gone viral in the past few days after the clip was shared on social media.

The video shows the woman holding a large drill with a corn cob skewered onto the bit. She then attempts to bite the corn off as it spins around at speed.

Corn cob challenge. Do not try this at home

However, her hair gets caught in the device, and a large patch is torn from the front of her head.

Later in the video, the woman is seen visiting a doctor, who tells her the hair will grow back in time.

The woman’s identity is currently unknown and, although the video was uploaded over the weekend, it is uncertain how recently the clip was filmed.

However, many have speculated that she was inspired to attempt the dangerous trick, sometimes known as the “corn cob challenge”, by food blogger Eater Yang, who achieved internet fame this month when a clip of him performing the same feat – albeit more successfully – went viral.


Inmates caught breaking back into jail, after ‘excursion’ from Darwin’s Holtze prison

Because Australia…

Updated Sun at 1:26pm

PHOTO: The fence at Darwin’s low security jail over which the prisoners climbed to leave and return to the facility.(ABC News: Avani Dias)

Four inmates were observed by prison officers absconding from a Darwin jail, but were not pursued by staff because to “chase prisoners is not in our protocols”, a corrections authority said.

The minimum security prisoners, Christopher Keene, Ian Mamarika, Jayras Manggurra and Xavier Nundhirriballa, were seen climbing a fence near low security “pre-release” accommodation units shortly after the evening roll call at 7.00pm at the Holtze facility, near Darwin, on Saturday.

The prisoners were found to be absent at a roll call after they were “seen close to the boundary fence that surrounds the cottage complex”.

Executive director of custodial operations at the prison, Bill Carroll, said security did not go after the prisoners when they were seen climbing the fence.

“It was dark and the prisoners can hop into the bush pretty quick, there are only two staff down here and to leave the immediate area and chase prisoners is not in our protocols, so they did the right thing,” he said.

An alert was issued on social media on Saturday night which assured the public the prisoners were not regarded as a threat.

PHOTO: Prisoners at the low security corrections facility at Holtze, in Darwin. (ABC News: Avani Dias)

“It’s pretty evident the prisoners didn’t intend to escape long-term. They obviously went into the bushes and were mischievous with the intention to come back,” Mr Carroll said.

“Normally when four prisoners will go it’s not orchestrated, it was probably opportunistic.”

The prisoners were seen trying to re-enter the facility shortly after 1:00am Sunday.

“The four prisoners are now in a high security environment and they’ll be there while an investigation is conducted,” Mr Carroll said.

He said the group was facing charges of escaping and could spend up to three months in the high security facility.

Mr Carroll said they would then be sentenced by a court and spend extra time in jail.

“They certainly won’t be invited back into this [open security] program.”

The four prisoners were rated as “open security”, allowing them to leave the prison complex during weekday working hours to engage in employment or voluntary work in the community.

Prisoners in the open security facility have committed what are considered “low-level” crimes.

“It’s an open environment, this environment is designed to be as close as it can to represent normal life in the community,” Mr Carroll said.

“The prisoners aren’t secured into their own cells, in fact they have their own cell keys so they can secure their rooms when they go to work.

“They could walk out the front door but that’s not the part of the program but there’s quite a strict criteria that the prisoners have to meet to … be placed in the position.”


Daniel | 05/07/2016 | Crime | No Comments

Christopher M. Smith, 21, was arrested for Petit Larceny after he allegedly stole 15 packs of Pokemon cards from a Walmart in Batavia, New York. What the hell is ‘Petit Larceny’? Stealing is stealing, isn’t it? And Shouldn’t he have been charged with something far more relevant, Like just plain being a pathetic human being? Pokeman Cards? Really??? 

The cards were valued at $63. Smith attempted to hide the cards underneath a vehicle in the parking lot when left the building. He was issued an appearance ticket to appear in court.

In New York, often an individual will can be issued an appearance ticket by the police. Many times appearance tickets are issued for offenses such as marijuana possession, and even driving while intoxicated.

An appearance ticket can be issued by the police, in lieu of arrest. Also, after an individual has been arrested, the police can issue that individual an appearance ticket and release him from police custody without waiting to be formally arraigned before a judge. There are limitations on when the police may issue an appearance ticket.

An appearance ticket is basically a written notice signed by a police officer or other authorized public official directing a designated individual to appear in a designated local criminal court at a designated future time in connection with that individual’s alleged commission of a designated offense. Any notice that conforms to this definition of an appearance ticket constitutes an appearance ticket notwithstanding that the notice is referred to as a summons or other name or title.


 In a story leftover from last week that we just HAD to bring up…

Driver crashes new £215,000 McLaren just 10 minutes after taking delivery

The McLaren 650S hit a tree 10 minutes after the driver took control for the first time CREDIT: DIANE EVANS/SWNS.COM

3 MAY 2016 • 6:49PM

It was tree 1, supercar 0, as one of the most exclusive British supercars just became a little less common after the new owner of a McLaren 650S managed to crash it 10 minutes after taking delivery of it.

The accident happened in Essex last week. Neighbours reported seeing the man celebrating with a bottle of champagne as the new car arrived at his house. But within minutes the sleek lines of the £215,000 supercar had been reduced to a mangled lump of carbon-fibre and metal after the driver lost control and ploughed into a tree.

The 650S features a twin-turbocharged V8 engine and can hit 60mph in less than 3sec. Acceleration is so fierce that it will reach 100mph in the time most family cars take to reach 30mph (5.7sec) and can continue all the way up to a top speed of 204mph.

The 650S has a top speed of 204mph CREDIT: DIANE EVANS/SWNS.COM

No-one was injured in the crash last Wednesday, but police have appealed for information from anyone who may have witnessed the McLaren being driven before the crash. They say enquiries are on-going to determine who was driving the car at the time.

It is the second time a new customer has crashed the 650S. Last year, a car salesman saved the life of a stockbroker after a high speed crash in Cheshire.

The accident happened after the customer veered off the road and drove into bushes before hitting a tree. The salesman who had accompanied the driver managed to drag him from the wreck.

High School Officials Sniff Drug-Free Student’s Hand, Suspend Her for “Drug Possession”

Patrick Hilsman

May 10th, 2016

A high school in Wake County, North Carolina has suspended a student for “drug possession”—even though she did not have any drugs on her and passed a drug test.

The reason given by Garner Magnet High School for suspending 15-year-old Jakaya Johnson was that a school resource officer smelled marijuana in the hallway and followed her into a classroom. An assistant principal then determined that her hand smelled like marijuana. How these two officials acquired their expertise in the scent is unclear. Johnson subsequently took a drug test which determined that she had no drugs whatsoever in her system

Johnson has been suspended and compelled to participate in a counseling program—to counsel her, presumably, for her lack of drug use.

While the school has stuck by its arbitrary decision, it has informed Johnson and her understandably furious mother that she can appeal the suspension through an incredibly complex process which places the burden of proof on her, even though she has already proved her innocence.

Like most other manifestations of bad drug policy, people of color are disproportionately affected by school suspensions and expulsions.


Daniel | 05/11/2016 | AnimalsCrimeNews | No Comments

A 47-year-old man was arrested on charges of beastiality. According to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, James Hauser from Mesa agreed to bring his dog to the Holiday Inn at Interstate 10 and Baseline Road on May 4 to meet a woman who he met on Craigslist.

Hauser and the woman agreed for him and his dog to engage in sex acts with the woman.

The “woman” was actually a male detective with MCSO.  While Hauser was messaging online with the undercover officer online, Hauser asked “her” at one point if she was a cop. The detective answered, “Yeah I am Sheriff Joe…LOL.”

Hauser set up a time to meet and that he would bathe the dog before they rendezvous.

When the suspect arrived at the hotel he was arrested.  Hauser was booked into 4th Avenue Jail on two bestiality charges. The dog has been turned over to the MASH Unit.

MASH is the no-kill animal shelter that was started by the infamous Sheriff Joe Arpaio. On the MCSO page they describe mash as “created to house and care for animals that have been abused or neglected by their caretakers and rescued by the Animal Crimes Investigations Unit. The purpose of the shelter is to provide a safe, healthy and healing shelter for these tragic animals, who must necessarily await the outcome of their owners’ cruelty cases in court. Hopefully, their ultimate outcome will be adoption into loving, permanent homes.”

 Man gives deputy pot plant tour, gets arrested

 Nathaniel Shuda, USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin10:42 a.m. CDT May 10, 2016

(Photo: AFP/Getty Images)

A 43-year-old Winneconne man faces a felony drug charge after taking a deputy on a tour of his in-home marijuana-growing operation.

Shannon L. Boushley was charged Thursday in Winnebago County Circuit Court with one count of manufacturing or delivering 1,000 grams to 2,500 grams of marijuana and one misdemeanor count of drug paraphernalia possession.

According to the criminal complaint, a Winnebago County sheriff’s deputy went to check on Boushley Feb. 9 at his home in the 6500 block of Woodview Road in the town of Winneconne after one of his neighbors reported not having seen him for several days.

When Boushley opened the door, the deputy smelled marijuana, according to the complaint. Boushley then let the deputy into his home, saying he had some marijuana in his living room and bedroom and took her through the house, showing her his marijuana. The deputy jokingly asked Boushley if he had a marijuana-growing operation. Boushley hung his head and said yes.

Boushley then led the deputy to the basement and showed her numerous marijuana plants, according to the complaint. He said he’d started growing the plants after New Year’s the previous year but only grew it for personal use and for his cousin who has Lyme disease.

If convicted, Boushley could face a maximum sentence of 10 years, one month in prison. His first court appearance is scheduled for June 6.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s